A safe workplace is our commitment to each other and environmental responsbility is our commitment to our communities. Both have been values of the company from the beginning and have dedicated resources that ensure these commitments hold true every day.
- 2016 - Award from the National Safety Council - Silver Award of Honor - For Superior Achievement in Injury Prevention & Safety Performance
- 2015 - Award from the National Safety Council - Bronze Award of Honor - For Superior Achievement in Injury Prevention & Safety Performance
- 2014 - Award from the Nebraska Safety Council - Star Award - One of Nebraska’s Safest Companies
- Safety programs are in place to encourage our people to be actively involved in identifying, defining and measuring opportunities to improve safety in our workplace:
- IGNITE - A team member engagement improvement program
- Monthly safety committee
- Environmental, health and safety representatives in all areas of the business
We operate our business so our customers and community feel confident that we are being environmentally responsible. Our level of compliance with city, state and federal regulations is unmatched in the industry, and we focus on:
- Minimizing waste.
- Preventing pollution.
- Complying with environmental legislation and regulations.
- Continuously improving our environmental management system.
The company earned ISO 14001 certification (the international standard for environmental management) in 2000. And today we are one of the industry’s most recognized companies for environmental responsibility.